Friday, August 10, 2012

Having a Vision

As hard as the first day of school was, you would think the rest of the week would be better.
  • Tuesday - The two knocked out permanent front teeth
  • Wednesday - An ambulance called for a child that would not come out of seizure
  • Thursday - A 4-year old broke both bones in his arm... in half!
 But, today is going to be great... I can feel it!

When I came home from work on Tuesday, I had an idea for a picture.  I wanted it to include a cocktail or liquor bottle.  I saw the almost empty bottle of wine on the counter and poured what was left in a glass.  Next I had to look for a setting.  I knew my coffee table would provide some reflection of the bottle and glass, and the brown couch would give me the solid background I needed to get the result I was after.

I got my tripod, set up the self-timer on the camera and ignored the "what the heck are you doing" coming from Dave and Kevin.  I didn't want my tired, haggard face in the picture, so I put my head down.

I snapped one picture.

So even though it looked like I relaxed after a hard day at work with a bottle of wine, my relaxation came from sitting in front of my computer editing this picture.

** An update on the kindergartner who stayed in the circle on Tuesday because the teacher never called the color he was wearing:  She asked him the next day... "Why didn't you go outside, I called the color green?"  His answer, "I was wearing teal."  (I think he can skip the lesson on colors this year!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment